1. Get inspired by reviewing your logo, posters, flyers, album artwork, and any other promotional materials.
2. Determine overall the vibe of your website – Do you want your website to be fun, whimsical, serious, professional etc.
3. Start by evaluating appropriate font types for your Navigation and Headings. These lead and the rest will follow.
4. Pick 1-3 main header/navigation fonts that you think you like.
5. Next, evaluate your body copy. For the most part stick with Google safe fonts. It's a smaller list, but these are sure to display properly across multiple web browsers.
6. Always look at the fonts together and see what you think - they should work as a whole. Don't get caught up on a single font or type of font.
7. If you aren't happy go back through the process again. Don't be afraid to try new things. Eventually you will find something that looks good and is effective!